Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tynemouth and Nancy Bordellos

Today we got up at 1 instead of 9. That kind of explains the vibe throughout the day. We woke up and went to the metro station and rode it to the Tynemouth stop, where they have a antique/flea market kind of thing there every Saturday. I didn't buy anything but a rail ticket and some mini donuts. They were delicious. Then we headed back to the flat for lunch and a nap. After waking and chatting in the living room, me, D, Monica, and Ash went to Nancy Bordello's; A neat pub with a really cool, almost saloon-like, atmosphere. We treated ourselves to an expensive drink...3.75...That's about 6 bucks. And 6 bucks too much for a college student :)

After Nancy Bordellos, we came back and watched "I Love You, Man" in our apartment. Oh, and did I mention, our flats are haunted? Great. Just great.

Looks like I won't be getting to sleep tonight because it looks like I won't be turning off the lights.

Oh, I almost forgot. D and I went to the Millenium Bridge late last night. The wind was pretty cold down by the water, but it felt really refreshing. And there are some really cool buildings down at the waterfront. The Sage is a concert arena and The Baltic is an art museum. Both very epic in their own right. We walked over the bridge. As we were about to walk back over, the lights turned red on the entrance. My first thought was that it was going to go up. D somehow convinced me that it wasn't, so we sprinted across the whole thing. But it turns out it didn't go up. Out of breath for nothing. Shoot.







No comments:

Post a Comment