Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nutella and Fish Sticks

I've found myself trying new foods just because everyone keeps saying "oh, I hear the food is horrible over there." And I must say, that Yorkshire pudding has just taken that statement and torn it to shreds.

On our way to the library, we stopped at Nancy's for the traditional British Sunday Lunch. What does it consist of? Choice of roast beef, lamb, or nut roast (yea, I'm not sure about that one either). On top of that, a Yorkshire pudding (glorified puff pastry), beef gravy, baked New Potatoes, roasties (seasoned, roast potatoes), green beans, carrots, and what tasted like a little bit of heaven.

Sure, beans on toast for breakfast is a bad idea, but these are not grounds for slamming British cuisine. Lunch today was just... glorious.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to eat one of these feasts everyday so I'm forced to eat fish sticks. Granted, their fish sticks are way better over here, even the cheap kind. So I've been eating fish sticks and nutella. Not together, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment