Wednesday, April 7, 2010

So Much Time So Little To Do. Wait. Strike That. Reverse It.



Today was a gorgeous day in Tuscany. After wiping the sleep from my eyes, we headed to the Boboli Gardens. It was incredible; I felt like I had been dropped into Wonderland.

Long Sidenote: D and I are staying at our friend's house in Florence. It is amazing here. The apartment is a modern design with 12 foot white walls that come together at odd angles throughout. The furnishings and cabinets make it seem like IKEA had a party at the place and forgot to take all of it's stuff.

The windows are probably my favorite part. I just like sitting in the living room watching all of the people zip past on their Vespas two stories below. When I stick my head out into the street, it feels like I'm in a movie. The sounds and the smells all seem very unique here.

Sorry I got off track but my mind is running a mile-a-minute trying to think of everything that is happening.

So, where were we? Oh right, the Boboli Gargens. We went there to do a photo shoot for Sarah's photo project. (Sarah is our friend who is studying here, by the way) This morning, before I could even think of opening my eyes, Sarah was doing D's make up and hair.

Around 11 we headed to the gardens. We crossed the Ponte Vecchio, bought our tickets to the gardens, then headed in. I, of course, forgot my memory card at the apartment so I took photo's with D's camera. I'll have the pics up later.

After walking around the gardens for a few hours we headed back to the apartment, starving. I picked up a baguette and some salame from the store. I've been living off bread, oil, and vinegar for the past 3 days so salame was an added kick. It's the small things in life.

Well rested, we headed out to reserve tickets for a weekend trip. We're planning on hiking the city of Cinque Terre, on the coast. There are 5 different parts of the city to hike to and it totals to be about 7 mile hike. Yikes. And then we get to lay on the beach. :)

At 7, D and I made dinner for Sarah and Christina, and their roommates Manny and Aaron. We had Gnocchi with bolognese and a side of green beans, yum!

And that about rounds out the day. It was a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment