Thursday, February 18, 2010

Are You Ready To Time-Warp Back to 1999?

When people said "Newcastle has a great music scene" I didn't picture the "great music" as being Sisqo an S Club 7.

Okay, so it wasn't great music per-say, but it was a part of my childhood. When we found out S Club was coming to Newcastle, I youtubed them to see if I remembered any of the songs. The next thing I knew, D, Ash and I were screaming every single lyric at the top of our lungs as S Club -3- were on stage.

It's amazing the things we remember. When I was 12 I went through an Eminem phase, and to this day I can still recite every word of "8 Mile Road." (It's something I'm too proud of)

And why is it that I can remember lyrics to S Club 7...or Eminem...or Bon Jovi? But I can't remember things that I want to remember; like how to get home when I get lost in the city centre's twisty roads. It's a bit confusing for me.

I DID find my way home in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment