Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lessons Learned

Well, the MOWOSP (Month Without Spending) was an utter failure. On the other hand, I did manage to squeeze a couple lessons from the whole ordeal; the big one being that if I ever encounter actual financial turmoil, I can't count on being able to cut all funds, no matter how hard I try to convince myself.

Another lesson, or rather realization, was a look at the amount I actually spend each month. It's sickening. I should have Noodles & Company on retainer; it'd probably be cheaper that way.

And gas. I'm not exactly sure how I thought I would go about limiting my precious gasoline. One tank was supposed to be my set limit for the month, and that lasted about....a week.

It's quite embarrassing really. A non-spending month lasted all of 5 days.

But for now, I'm going to take it as a lesson learned, and try to be more aware of the money I spend.

62 days 'til Spain! (If that isn't reason enough to save up, I don't know what is!)

P.S. Check what I got today!


No comments:

Post a Comment