Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tynemouth Take II

It is a brisk 50 degrees out today but that didn't stop us from going to the beach. The sun was out and it was beautiful. My roommates Aleia and Fanny, and I, hopped on the metro around 1 pm and headed for the coast. We sat on the beach for a while and I dared to put my feet into the freezing water of the North Sea. My feet were like ice cubes. But none-the-less, it was beautiful, a great day for someone with a sailboat.
Shade took over the beach eventually, so we went for a bite to eat. Fish and chips sounded like a good idea. We went to a place called Marshall's right there on the coast. It was a very British place, no tourists in site. (Except us). The fish was good and the cup of tea was very relaxing. At that point, we headed back to Newcastle. It was an exhausting day.









No comments:

Post a Comment